Saturday, May 5, 2012

Spyro the Dragon

This is probably one of my favorite PlayStation one classics that you could never stop playing. Spyro the Dragon was first released in 1998. In case you do not know it is a platform game that placed the player as Spyro, a small, purple dragon set with the task of freeing some of his fellow dragons from crystal prisons, which are scattered around their world. Each level is accessed through 'portals' from a main world. The game concludes with a fight between Spyro and the primary antagonist, Gnasty Gnorc. Then five more games in the original series were released: Spyro 2: Ripto Rage, Spyro: Year of the Dragon, Spyro: A Hero's Tail, and Spyro: Shadow Legacy. All released in the late 1990's and early 2000's. I didn't play the "Legend of Spyro" games I don't know why but they look as fun as those original games were. If anyone played the legend series comment below if you enjoyed the game or not. Because I am curious to see how those games are. I also haven't played the latest spyro skylanders game because to me that game looks dumb. Even though most of the original series felt like it was impossible to defeat, I still enjoyed playing those games. Funny thing is I found out some of the voices were well known like Carlos Alazraqui who first voiced Spryo voiced Rocko in Rocko's Modern Life and who played Deputy Garcia in Reno 911, Tom Kenny who voices spongebob provided the voice, even Elijah Wood at one point was the voice of Spyro. I am not quite sure who they voiced but David Spade and Gary Oldman also provided their voices to one of these games.

1 comment: